Wednesday, April 3, 2013

LOST IN COMBAT


EDWIN PHENIX BLOG

REPORTING: #EDWINPHENIX
LOCATION: UNKNOWN
PROJECT: LOST BABIES of VON KRIPPON
DATE: 3/4/13

------------------

Lost in combat. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the BDC scouting mission of the various studios, including CBC which I would have really been interested to see. I have been to Revolution Recordings before to investigate their patching for a training program with RP DYNAMICS, wherein I went to the studio and was shown the restored Neve consoles, and their whole dedicated Revolution Recording hardware creation studio, which really interested me. Having your own gear being patented on site is something that I think seldom exists within these audio complexes. 
However, the reason I was unable to attend was due to a dress rehearsal for a dance piece I have been sound designing for since late last year. Henry has read about this piece in my essay, and as he knows working with dancers and choreographers is a time consuming process. Even up until opening night of the show I was being asked to update the mix. Now, people are only human and can only do so much, so I had to be realistic with her and do only as much as I could. As I was working after four I had to send the updated mix as a high quality mp3 over the internet, but due to the lack of professional work world flexibility, the student Head of Audio refused to simply swap the 1 cue file in the program for the show. Alas, such is working in a school environment, fictitious deadlines, rushed artistic work, overbooked facilities and so on and so forth. At least we're young and have plenty of time to work off our infinite debt while being distracted from fundamental societal injustices induced by the corporate state. 
Anyways, I look forward to our session tomorrow mixing Von Krippon in 5.1, and mixing the Lost Babies session from Monday night which went incredibly well. I have had a very hard time getting the gear I need for the times when my talent is available for my independent project, but am trying to power through these obstacles to my best ability. The play I am designing for on the contrary has gone incredibly well, and I can't wait to remount it in the real world!

-------------

END REPORT

No comments:

Post a Comment