Monday, April 8, 2013

Lido Session!


EDWIN PHENIX BLOG

REPORTING: #EDWINPHENIX
LOCATION: UNKNOWN
PROJECT: Lido Pimienta
DATE: 4/7/13

------------------

Putting in the hours. After spending some time preparing all the samples for the track, we finally got together for a proper long session. Along with Lido, I had the pleasure of recording the distinguished Steve Ward of Friendly Rich and the Lollypop People and Caribou on Trombone. Unfortunately due to all the equipment being booked out, I had to simply use my AKG C14 which is a step down from the 414 I had hoped to use. All these tracks were totally new to Steve, but as he is a quite creative and talented lad we were able to bang out the tracks and a series of lines, to later be refined in the future. I was able to get a good sound with the sound devices preamp, which I've used for several projects now open reccomendation of a trusted colleague. More updates to come!

-------------

END REPORT

No comments:

Post a Comment