Monday, April 8, 2013

Lost Babies Mixing


EDWIN PHENIX BLOG

REPORTING: #EDWINPHENIX
LOCATION: UNKNOWN
PROJECT: LOST BABIES MIX
DATE: 4/8/13

------------------

The Lost Babies were a great choice to mix, well rehearsed and sounded great off the floor. Although they weren't able to bring Mamoru's guitar amp, we were fortunate enough to get a good sound out of the resident fender using Mamoru's guitar amp. I did mixes of Tell Me Why and Snake Charmer using cakewalk as my protools rig seems to have permanently crashed and no forums or re-installs can help me fix it. Something to do with loading plug-in settings from other playlists. When I brought my mixes in to compare with Jacob and Stacey's it seemed as though I intentionally took a more dirty approach to the mixing, knowing the bands live sound and vying for a good representation of that. I really enjoyed Stacey's mixes and I hope the band really takes to her work. Mamoru still has some more guitar work to do, and we will continue to mix these tracks after handing in these first mixes. Unfortunately arbitrary timelines given by school are not realistic enough to give those of us mixing for the band and not the project satisfying mix results. It takes time and necessitates sitting on the mixes for more than a week or two, and getting direction and feedback from the band themselves. I really liked the kick sound Stacey was able to pull out of the muddy mix.

-------------

END REPORT

No comments:

Post a Comment