Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What I learned!


REPORTING: #EDWINPHENIX
LOCATION: #KEVINFEVER STUDIOS FLA
PROJECT: FINAL STATEMENT
DATE: 04/12/12

----

BEGIN: REPORT

My favourite part about this learning experience this semester was being able to work with new people who have different mixing techniques, and also have access to great mics and equipment that I don't normally have access to. Sometimes it was difficult to make things happen, as I was taking 7 courses this semester as well as working on several projects outside of school and working. Also an additional roadblock was getting into the course 3 weeks late, and not having my card approved for building access although I tried, and not having access to online RTA resources for the first little while. I would have liked to have more time to spend on certain assignments. That being said, I took what I wanted away from this course. For my in class test I thought I was running out of time and rushed it, missing the compression and VU metering, but what can you do!
 I have gained an expanded base of tools from which I can pull for micing techniques, mixing techniques, creating and editing scores for film. All of these have come in extremely handy both in my work and personal projects. I'm dissapointed that I missed Brian's mastering lecture due to being sick, however the way someone summed up what he showed us to me seemed very much like the way I work anyhow. It was great to meet other engineers who have similar taste in people they like to work with, and I hope to stay in touch with them in the future. 

----

END REPORT

No comments:

Post a Comment