Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pro Tools Routing



REPORTING: #EDWINPHENIX
LOCATION: #KEVINFEVER STUDIOS FLA
PROJECT: FINAL STATEMENT
DATE: N/A

----

BEGIN: REPORT

I'm retty sure that the class where we did this in class pass/fail was my first ever class of BDC301. Kevin was teaching and showing us what to do, and I was thrown right into it. It was a great learning experience for me because although I have tended to mix using aux's to apply processors to a group of say vocals, or drums, I had never considered the use of busses and sends in tandem with aux's to create the ability to have a dry and wet mix of the group in order to lower the ratio of processing to the desired effect. I have been using these tools for routing ever since this class, whenever I deem necessary. Sometimes for tracks it is unnecessary to go that in depth with routing if I know exactly how I want it to sound, but if I'm not sure for example how much compression I want on a drum group, I can create a parallel compression aux track in order to bring the compression mix up or down to achieve the right balance. It was a great and very useful thing to learn!

----

END REPORT

No comments:

Post a Comment